Hall of Fame, class of 2018
Atlanta took Larry with the first overall pick in the 1990 draft, and his path through the minors was quick and conventional. He spent that first summer with the GCL Braves, and then the entire ‘91 season with Macon in the South Atlantic League. 1992 was split between the Durham Bulls (who were in the Carolina League at the time) and the Double-A Greenville Braves. He opened ‘93 with Triple-A Richmond, and was a September call-up that year. By the end of the 1994 strike, he was a full-fledged major leaguer.
Minor league teams that Chipper Jones played for en route to the majors:
- GCL Braves (Gulf Coast League)
- Macon Braves (South Atlantic League)
- Durham Bulls (Carolina League)
- Greenville Braves (Southern League)
- Richmond Braves (International League)